Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 10

I'm updating this from a Bedouin tent in the middle of the Negev. Yes, even the Bedouin have wireless internet! Today was Negev day. Beer Sheva, Arad, Nahal Zin, Ein Avdat. This is the wilderness region in the south of Israel. It's patriarch country. This is where the Israelite tribes wandered. This is where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob made their homes for a while. It's also the place where David lived while he waited for God to kill Saul. People waiting for God's timing. It's a fascinatingly barren place. Yet God seemed to use it to humble and season his people.

The gang rode camels today then ate way too much food at dinner. We're sleeping in a huge tent and for some reason I don't think we'll get good sleep. Tomorrow Masada, the Sea, Ein Gedi, and Jericho. All is well. Thanks for praying.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger ToesInTheWater said...

I want to see my sister up close and personal! DR. Sanchez, would you post a picture of Joy so I can actually see her??? I want to be sure she is really doing as well as she says she is!

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

I'll try to get you a picture Daniel!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger ToesInTheWater said...

Hey thanks! You are awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home