Monday, October 18, 2010

Workshops begin today. Pray!

Internet access has been hard to come by. Sorry for the lack of information.

I made it to Samfya without a problem. This is the Africa I remember. One paved road through the middle of town. People riding bikes that are overloaded inches away from speeding cars. Power goes on and off through out the day. No running water. That said meeting Christians is wonderful. I spoke at the graduation ceremony of the Samfya Bible School. It was a celebration. Lots of singing and dancing. The graduates danced in and danced out. Glitter was flying too! These graduates will go back to their villages in very rural areas. One board member told me, "What is unique about Samfya Bible School is that graduates actually go back to their villages. As soon as that ceases to be the focus of the school, I'm not interested in being involved any more." I'm glad to be here. Pray for us. The workshops on curriculum development begin today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home